We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tower Tour and Timing

washington, dc
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tower Tour and Timing

I booked a tower tour for the family at 10:15 and THEN read about all the lines etc at Windsor Castle first thing in the am. How early will we need to show up to collect our tickets and make the tour? I know they open at 9:45 but will we have to show up much before that to get in line (queue)?

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tower Tour and Timing

There is a separate queue for groups and individual tickets. The individual ticket line is shorter but still longest in the morning. This summer they have been opening the doors a bit earlier at 9:30 at times. I would recommend to get over there by 9:30 at the latest. You could always arrive early if you can and hit esquires coffee if there is no queue and sit on the benches out front of the castle with view of the entrance. You can stroll over if you see people starting to queue up on the left hand side of the door where the individual ticket holders go in. The right hand side which wraps around the block is for groups. You will all funnel into the same security line on the inside so if you see loads of people entering you might want to hop over.

2. Re: Tower Tour and Timing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 29, 2015