We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

windsor castle then hampton court

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
windsor castle then hampton court

Hi i am comin to windsor end of aug. Was planning days and was wondering if ud think it was possible to go to windsor castle 1st thing and go round the castle, catch the tour then proceed to hampton court via train for the afternoon. Would this be possible to manage in 1 day?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: windsor castle then hampton court

ALFLY: Sure you could do it. Might be a long day though.

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: windsor castle then hampton court

It would be possible but best to spread over two days if you could. I will check out the train times for you.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: windsor castle then hampton court

I can't recall who it was, just that it was a reliable source, but they reported that they did this as a day out from London. It was kind of surprising how relaxed the day was, not stressed or cramped at all. I think the key is getting out of London early enough to be at the castle as soon as it opens and take it from there. If you'll already be in Windsor you'll be ahead of the game.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: windsor castle then hampton court

britfan: You are so right -- it was Adam.

ALFLY: This post should help you decide: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k57330…

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: windsor castle then hampton court

ALFLY I have checked out the train times it seems to take around an hour and a half by train from windsor to hampton court, depending on what time you travel you will have a minimum of 2 changes. I looked at www.nationalrailenquires.co.uk. I hope this helps.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: windsor castle then hampton court

Thanks to everyone for there help. Im goin to give it a go when there as we are staying in windsor so can make it to the castle in the morning first thing.

7. Re: windsor castle then hampton court

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, August 14, 2009