We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storm The Tower Tour

NJ
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Topic
Storm The Tower Tour

We will be visiting Windsor by train and will have most of the day there. Touring the castle is our main objective. We will be there in August when the Storm the Tower tour is available. Any advice on taking this tour. I a little concerned about the steps but I regularly walk up three flights of stairs. I fear that 200 might be a too much. How fast are you expected to do the steps?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,102 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storm The Tower Tour

The tour is called Conquer the Tower, and takes 45 minutes total. It is an additional tour that you must purchase. Windsor Castle has cancelled this tour in rain.

I would expect that you would have about 20 minutes to climb, 20 minutes to take pictures from the top, and then time to descend. This is guided, not done solo, so I would worry about taking time to rest. The link below specifically warns off people with a fear of heights, claustrophobia, and health conditions that would make it difficult to climb. Children under 4' 3" are not allowed to do the tour.

If you aren't sure, don't do it. You can always do a free precinct tour.

royalcollection.org.uk/event/conquer-the-tow…

2. Re: Storm The Tower Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 15, 2014