We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I go to Legoland when it is so cold?

Cardiff, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Can I go to Legoland when it is so cold?

I am going to visit windsor next week and my children would like to go to Legoland. But the weather is very cold these days. Are there many indoor facilities to play? It is going to be crazy outdoor all day in this weather!

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I go to Legoland when it is so cold?

Hi there,Legoland is mainly an outdoor attraction with obvs many rides in the open air.Sometimes rides may close due to bad weather like high winds etc.,for safety reasons also.If the weather is bad and rides shut,Legoland don't offer refunds either.

There are a few attractions indoors such as the Laser Raiders,the 4D theatre,the Discovery Workshops and the Scarab Bouncers.

Personally,I would wait till nearer the time to see if the weather improves.I live fairly near to Legoland and whilst we have no snow here at the mo,it is extremely cold and the winds are quite high.If you do visit just make sure you are all wrapped up very,very warm if the weather doesn't improve.You just can't tell with weather in the UK can u??Hopefully it will be better next week.Only time will tell......I've been there in the summer months and it's been cold and raining and it does put a dampner on the day TBH and visited there out of season and had scorching hot days.Nothing is set in stone with our weather anymore it seems.

It's easy for me,cos as I live so near,I can wake up and if it's a bad day,decide not to go there and visit at another time,but if you're travelling far,you havn't got that choice,only to not visit at all or grin and bear it and make a visit in horrible weather and make the best of it (which we did at Alton Towers a few yrs bac).It snowed heavily,but just got on with it,cos we had already paid for tickets and I didn't want to loose the money I paid.

Hopefully the weather will get better and if you do visit Legoland,hope u all enjoy your time there.......

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I go to Legoland when it is so cold?

jesseche gives great advice; if you and yours are set on going on a trip, why not come up with a plan b, in case the weather doesn't cooperate?

In London you could visit the Science MUseum and the Natural History Museum, and they are next door to each other. You could also make a trip to Hamley's, one of the most amazing toy stores around. All of these are indoors, and free.

3. Re: Can I go to Legoland when it is so cold?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Windsor