We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

windsor or hampton court from heathrow hotel?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
452 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
windsor or hampton court from heathrow hotel?

i am staying at crowne plaza near heathrow for business meetings. my meetings start on wednesday but i get in on tuesday at heathrow at about 1030am. i am going to try to stay away and visit something close - sort of take in history (and pub or restaurant) until i drop and sleep "normal UK hours". Would you suggest a visit to windsor or hampton? Thatched cottage pub or...? i am reasonably in shape but will be somewhat jet lagged (and arriving from a trip on american airlines in coach - scrunch).

abu dhabi, united...
Level Contributor
185 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: windsor or hampton court from heathrow hotel?

Go to Windsor, it's closer and has so many places you can rest if you get tired. Many restaurants, shops and the castle. You could also take a rest at the Great Park which you won't want to miss for it's great view of the castle. You can also take a bus around Windsor/Eton in 1/2 hour to see the sights. You can catch right in front of the castle. Take the bridge across Eton for some unique shops- old book store, costa cofee.

UK
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: windsor or hampton court from heathrow hotel?

def Windsor life is too short for HamptonCourt trip

Regmaiche

3. Re: windsor or hampton court from heathrow hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 17, 2009