We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage

Springfield, MO
1 post
Save Topic
Luggage storage

Will be visiting Windsor Castle directly from arriving at Heathrow airport. Will take the bus to Windsor and will have luggage. Looking for suggestions on where luggage might be stored briefly while at the Castle. Will then be leaving by train to London the same day. Appreciate any help you may be able to give.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage

I looked into this and didn't find any strong ideas.

Some stations now offer left luggage but it's not listed against Windsor station. This would be the best place though.

I can't find details about the bus station.

You can probably leave it at Heathrow or a main London railway station but then you'd have to double back.

Putting Storage into yell.com brings out mainly removal firms.

There is one self-storage firm about 7 miles west.

The best idea I can be sure of is to take a cheap hotel room in Windsor and lock the luggage in there - not very cheap.

I suggest you get onto windsor.gov.uk and use the contact us button to get local knowledge.

Ascot (Windsor...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage

What date exactly? I have a house in Windsor where it could be left if I'm around on that day.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage

I think there is a left luggage facility at the Castle itself. You should ask the information office. Their email is

bookinginfo@royalcollection.org.uk

Israel
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage

This is really an unexpected and serious problem!

We will be travelling to Windsor castle next week with afamily suitcase and I got amail from the castle that for security reasons there is no luggage deposit there.

I'll look into the closest station and hope there is asolution other than lugging around the thing....

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage storage

HUmmmmm - looks like this is a problem. I've just called Windsor Castle, and I was tols no you can't store luggage there. They were very friendly and suggested I call the Windsor tourist office in the town and ask them, they even looked up the number for me.

But the person I spoke to at the tourist office said that the only place she knew of was the Castle! I pointed out that the Castle had just told me luggage couldn't be stored there and she was very surprised.

So if anyone is planning on visiting the castle soon, please can you take 5 minutes to check this out and post the facts here for everyone's benefit.

Thanks.