We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting salisbury

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
getting salisbury

i'm 17 years old ,on july i'll come to salisbury to improve my english but ... how can I get to your village ? it looks like a bit complicate by train or bus by , isn't there a service of transfer (taxi) not too much expensive!!

thank you

marta

London
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: getting salisbury

marta

Salisbury is easy to get to by train from London Waterloo Station. Trains run at approximately half hour intervals and the journey takes about 1 hour 20 mins.These trains go direct so you do not need to change anywhere

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting salisbury

thank you very much for your quickly answer... but, I forgot to tell you, I'll come to Salisbury from Rome ! so I'll flying to Heatrhrow or Gatwick and I haven't found an easy transfer to reach Salisbury. Perhaps the best way is the coach but there are only trhee buses a day...

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting salisbury

Hi, Are you coming to be an au pair, or is this independent travel to an English language college? I ask, because if you're an au pair, your English family really should meet you at the airport.

Anyhow, it isn't complicated.

From Heathrow, you can catch the RailAir buslink to Woking. At Woking you catch the train to Salisbury. Takes about 2 hours.

From Gatwick, take the train to Clapham Junction, and change there for a train to Salisbury. Take a bit longer.

Try not to arrive on a Sunday - then it might be more difficult because of engineering works on the railways.

4. Re: getting salisbury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Salisbury