We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robbie 9th September

Blackpool
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Robbie 9th September

We are booked in at the Premier Travelinn (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) on Pioneer Way in Castleford. We propose to grab a taxi but has anybody been to Roundhay before for a concert? We are hoping the same taxi will collect us at the end of the night but it is going to be packed and I am bothered that he might abandon the trip. Is there a good meet and greet place out of the way of the traffic say half a mile away? Also we are proposing to eat at Chicquito on the Xscape complex - is this any good? Thank you.

Manchester
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Robbie 9th September

I.m going to Robbie on Sep 9th and I was also at Xscape (did the tobaganing and it was great) last Thurs but we ate at Frankie and Benny's and it was ok. Our plan is to get a taxi down to Roundhay Park from the Comfort Inn where we are staying and we were wondering is there a pub/bar nearby to Roundhay park, so we can just walk across to the concert? I was also told on here a few months back that normally when they have concerts in Roundhay Park they put on buses to bring everyone back into the centre, does anyone know if this is true? I'm going to have a look back and see if I can find the old post.

Manchester
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Robbie 9th September

I've just e mailed First Bus in Leeds to ask if there are buses to take us back into the City centre after the concert, the phone no is 0113 381 5550 but I ca't ring because I'm sat next to my boss. They have an special events page and there are a few concerts on there that have had a specail service from Roundhay Park but the last concert was in July. I also looked back on some other Robbie posts and there is a pub near Roundahy called the Grippon so I suppose that's where we'll be before the concert. Hop you have a god time.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Robbie 9th September

Thanks for that Miffy will make enquiries with the bus company.

Manchester
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Robbie 9th September

I got a n email back from the first bus and they aren't running the buses back that night but he gave me a phone number for wytravel buses. I rang them and they are running buses back into Leeds every 10 mins from 10.30pm unitl 1am. I forgot to ask him where to get the bus from though, because I suppose Roundhay Park is a very big place and I'll prob end up waiting in the wrong place!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Robbie 9th September

I would like to know this as well if anyone finds out

i have been on gigsandtours and they say buses will be running from the city centre

im stayin at the marriott

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Robbie 9th September

The main entrance to Roundhay park is on Prince's Avenue opposite the entrance to Tropical World butterfly garden... But if you just ask for the main entrance any busses or taxis will know where you mean.

There is a bus stop right outside the park gates. The bus companies will have tons of buses on.

If you head down Prince's Avenue, ( with the park fields on either side) you will find a pub called The Gipton. This used to be an okay pub but i suspect it has gone downhill a bit.

Alternatively there is a pub right outside the park gates called The Stables or inside Roundhay Park itself called The Mansion, (it's an old Mansion house.. so it's easy to recognise.)

Both very nice... but be warned... These will be PACKED.

You might prefer to walk up Prince's Avenue from the park gates, (houses on either side) to the pubs on Street Lane. (it's the same road so you won't get lost but the name changes). It's a nice safe street, (well, it is most of the time... maybe not when there are 80,000 Robbie fans around) and there are a couple of nice pubs.

The Deer Park and another new-ish one. I think it's called The Streets of Leeds or something.

Easy walking distance.

Have fun!

And blow Robbie a kiss from me!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Robbie 9th September

hi lily

how far is roundhay park from city centre??

do u know where buses wil go from city centre

jo

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Robbie 9th September

Jo,

Roundhay park is only a couple of miles out of the city centre.

Fifteen, maybe twenty minutes, (unless the traffic is bad, of course).

Buses will probably go up along Roundhay Road or Chapeltown Road. I would not recommened walking either of these routes, especially at night. Roundhay itself is a very nice area. Unfortunately the surrounding areas aren't so good.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Robbie 9th September

thanks lily

is there a main bus station in town where the buses will go from to the gig do u think

jo

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Robbie 9th September

Jo,

The buses for Roundhay do not leave from the bus station usually... Not sure if there will be special 'Robbie' buses.

You want the number 2 or 2B I think, (check with the driver). They leave every 10 or fifteen minutes. The place to catch them is opposite Primark, outside the main doors to what used to be Lewis's department store.

Or you can catch it from opposite the main doors to Leeds market, (not sure of the exact spot... but just ask) Actually, this might be better because it won't be as full.

Just found this... It might be useful.

http://www.roundhaypark.org.uk/

Wish I could come too!

You booked for Cancun yet?

Get answers to your questions about Leeds