We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent places to eat in Leeds City centre.

Appleby-in-Westmorla...
Level Contributor
73 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Decent places to eat in Leeds City centre.

Can anyone recommend any good Indian restaurants in Leeds City centre.or any other nice places to eat.We have eaten at fazendas and town hall tavern, we were looking at akbaars (which one is best?), bibis, midtown grill, am kitchen and ambiente tapas, all good advice welcome.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent places to eat in Leeds City centre.

I love Ambiente Tapas (they have a branch in York too). It's a lovely old building and the food is great.

We eat out a lot in Leeds and my 3 favourite places are -

1) The Foundry

2) Kendells Bistro

3) Sous le nez

I personally don't rate Bibis at all - I've found it overpriced and the food just wasn't that good.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent places to eat in Leeds City centre.

akbars gets my vote

never eaten at bibis, but alot of my friends who have been has not rated it at all, and you leave feeling hungry as well

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent places to eat in Leeds City centre.

Have eaten at 3 branches of Akbars across Leeds and Bradford and all are good. Or try Mumtaz at Clarence Dock or Chao Phtaya if you're into Thai.

Appleby-in-Westmorla...
Level Contributor
73 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent places to eat in Leeds City centre.

I see there are 2 akbars in Leeds, one on east gate and one on Greek street, which one is best.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent places to eat in Leeds City centre.

the original one!!!

east gate... you may want to know in advance it is a dim (ish) restaurant

6. Re: Decent places to eat in Leeds City centre.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations