We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leeds arena & parking

Durham
Level Contributor
138 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Leeds arena & parking

what is the best place to park for the new arena - will need to get away as soon as I am at work next day

Thank you

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leeds arena & parking

I pass the new Arena every day travelling to and from work. All the nearest car parks are signposted and the Woodhouse Lane car park has been extended just to benefit the Arena visitor. I'd personally avoid the Merrion Centre car park as getting out will be a pig after an event.

Map of Leeds car parks: leeds.gov.uk/docs/…20map.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Leeds
Leeds
West Yorkshire, UK
leeds, uk
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leeds arena & parking

me personally... i would park somewhere nearer to where you can get away from town the quickest... so my suggestion would be the ncp by vicar lane

its about 5/10 walk to the arena

nearest to the arean, would be leeds met car park behind o2 academy or merrion centre car park

Durham
Level Contributor
138 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leeds arena & parking

Thank you very much heading north after the gig

Durham
Level Contributor
138 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leeds arena & parking

looking at the car park map - which one is the NCP on Vicar Lane?

leeds, uk
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leeds arena & parking

the website is down right now

will let you know tomo

you heading north... so am i right that would mean heading for the motorways (M1/A1???)

the car park i'm reffering to by vicar lane for more information... IF your stuck in traffic to get out of town, it'll only be a L shape road no longer than 300 metres... then your free to head out of town (you'll pass the bus station )

leeds, uk
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leeds arena & parking

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=edward+street+leeds&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.49478099,d.d2k,pv.xjs.s.en_US.c75bKy5EQ0A.O&biw=1420&bih=695&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

its the light grey area right of edward street between templar st. and lady lane

the traffic where you MAY be stuck is lady lane... this is VERY quick, no longer than 3/4 minute wait

if you park NEARER to the arena, you have two choices to get out of town, come through town and head in the direction of lady lane... this can take 10-15 minute stuck in traffic

or second choice would be go towards ring road

and if a concert is finishing you may get caught in traffic on the ring road...which many drivers will tell you its a nightmare heading to the motorway via the armley gyratory direction... OR if your heading in the opposite direction on the ring road...there's alot of speed cameras (50mph) on york road A64 taking you out of leeds towards A1/M1 north

but like i said this is my personally opinion on giving you advice on where is good to park and taking in you have to leave town afterwards, you are free to park where you want....

what date is your concert, because i'm thinking of seeing cirque de soliel in oct

Durham
Level Contributor
138 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leeds arena & parking

Thank you very much - am heading back to Chester le Street, going to see Springsteen Wednesday evening

Mentioned in this post
Chester
Chester
Cheshire, UK
leeds, uk
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leeds arena & parking

just googled mapped ls1 (leeds city centre) to chester le street...

just as i thought it would've taken you to ring roads... which CAN be a nightmare

the route i mentioned would be the quickest to get home AND out of town leeds centre- M1- A1

if you go to google map type in vicar lane leeds (or templar street) to chester le street... this is the route i imgagined you taking

Edited: 10:17 am, July 22, 2013
Durham
Level Contributor
138 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leeds arena & parking

thank you so much for your help - its very much appreciated

leeds, uk
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
389 reviews