We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leeds - Tuesday Night

Wrexham North Wales
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Leeds - Tuesday Night

I'm in Leeds tomorrow (tuesday 13th June) on business - staying at the park plaza - boar lane, looking for an excellent restaurant - have been recommended Anthony's, Calls Grill or Salvo's - however I believe Salvo's is over in headingley therefore a taxi ride away. Any feedback & furtehr recomendations welcomed

Are there any lively bars in & around Anthony's or calls grill open until midnight etc that have a nice vibe etc on a tuesday night.

I'm also back in town for the Snow Patrol gig in july - where do you suggest two early 30's couple go for a drink & chill after on a saturday nighty?

Many thanks.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leeds - Tuesday Night

I work in Leeds, and have been to most of the restaurants in the town centre.

No need for a taxi ride out - plenty to chose from in the centre. Your Hotel is very central.

Anthony's is very good.

Other recommendations within easy walk of your hotel.

1) Italian - Bibi's

The food here is above average but it's the place itself that has the wow factor. It's always buzzy and lively - not the place for a romantic meal but ideal if you want somewhere lively.

2) Romance

Brasserie 44 is the place for romance and excellent food. You might even spot a celebrity or two in here.

Lovely building, good service - I've always enjoyed going here

3) Great food and great value

Sous le Nez en ville-

Does an early bird special of £19.95 for 3 courses and half a bottle of wine, and it's superb value. Can't find a website for them, sorry.

4) French food -

No 3 York Place

Upmarket and reliable.

Not sure I would know a nice vibe if I fell over one!

Great place for a drink about 3 minutes walk from your Hotel is Whitelocks. An absolute gem, in a tiny passage a couple of doors up from Marks and Spencers. Again no website but a google will give you an idea of this place - everyone I have taken here has been blown away by it. Cheap and cheerful food, no frills and not what you are looking for restaurant wise.

Hope this helps. Have a great time.

2. Re: Leeds - Tuesday Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 13, 2009