We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish and Chip Restaurant

Which Leeds hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LINCOLNSHIRE ENGLAND
Level Contributor
114 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Fish and Chip Restaurant

Can anyone recommend a good fish and chip restaurant near ( or within easy walking distance ) of the new Leeds Arena?. If not fish and chips then a reasonably priced ( not more than £20 each ) place to eat before we go to the arena to see a concert. Thank you.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fish and Chip Restaurant

Agree with teacacks same in lancs a fish buttie in Leeds was fish cut in two and on a barmcake any overseas visiters to this thread will be thinking what the hell are they on about lol

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fish and Chip Restaurant

Ha Gilly & Ruthie, we do like our fish butties here in Leeds! ;-)

Teacakes to me also have fruit in them!

As for the location of that chippie Gilly, not too sure I'd say from your description it sounds like Lower Wortley, not an area I'm too familiar with I'm afraid.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fish and Chip Restaurant

I think you may be on about the chippy on Dixon Lane? Is it on a row of shops with a butchers on too? Think its called something 'plaice.' I recently moved from a house up the road from there but never tried it!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fish and Chip Restaurant

Alrite felix think you've nailed it tattoo shop on same row thanks sunmagic hope its not changed hands now lol

leeds101
Level Contributor
3 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fish and Chip Restaurant

The very best Fish n Chips in Leeds is at 5 Lanes End in Wortley and called Ritz. I've tried them all over the City but these never fail, nowhere near the Leeds Arena though.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Fish and Chip Restaurant

hello.

Nash's is really good nice place and it is within 5 minutes walking distance, but on the other side of the arena.

http://www.nashsfishandchips.com/

17. Re: Fish and Chip Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 27, 2014