We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebecs or the New Ellington?

London
Level Contributor
66 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Quebecs or the New Ellington?

Which hotel would you choose? The TA reviews are v similar for both. I prefer the look of Quebecs from the outside (the New Ellington just looks like an office block from the photos I've seen) but I don't know Leeds and I'm unsure if one has the edge on location?

Leeds England
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quebecs or the New Ellington?

Hi Princessgirl - if anything Quebecs is closer to all thats happening in Leeds but to be fair there's not much in it. As you say reviews are good for both. Are you driving or coming by train. Quebecs is closer to the station (less than 5 min walk) and if i remember does have some limited car parking. Not sure on the parking situation at the New Ellington. Can't really help with which to stay in as I've only ever been to functions in Quebecs but never been to New Ellington. If you need to know anything else regarding your trip to Leeds please ask.

London
Level Contributor
66 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quebecs or the New Ellington?

Thank you Simonleeds, that's great. I think we'll go with Quebecs. We're driving so the carpark nearby would be helpful.

I do have another query - could you recommend a decent restaurant? We're coming to Leeds to see friends and we want to take them out for dinner, somewhere really nice, budget not too much of an issue but we're not interested in Jamie Oliver et al - we're in London and overrun with chain restaurants!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quebecs or the New Ellington?

souslenez.com

This restaurant is in the basement next to Quebecs hotel.Never been there myself but it has been there for years and gets some good write ups,definately not a chain restaurant!.Hope you enjoy your stay in Leeds.

Leeds England
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quebecs or the New Ellington?

Hi Princessgirl - difficult to recommend one restaurant as there's that many but the one's I like are Kendells (never had a bad meal there), Aagrah for great Indian food or Bibis for the spectacle - think glitzy 1930's speakeasy - although the waiting staff can be a bit up there own at times. Hope you have a good visit to Leeds, when are you coming? P.s. if you decide on Quebecs try and get one of their onsite car parking spaces - will definitely be worth it even if it costs a few pound more.

Edited: 8:12 am, February 06, 2013
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quebecs or the New Ellington?

The New Ellngton is a fabulous hotel, and the food they serve there is some of the best they serve in Leeds.

It is not quite as central as Quebecs, but in my opinion a lot better.

6. Re: Quebecs or the New Ellington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations