We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days... best place?

Which Leeds hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los An
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Two days... best place?

I am coming to UK (solo) for 12 days in a couple weeks on a wedding trip that takes me from Manchester to Edinburgh to Ilkley (Leeds) to London to Ilkley again and I have two days at the end with of my trip and am trying to figure out where to go. Should I stay in Leeds or Manchester or should I check out somewhere like Liverpool?... or Newcastle?... or Wales? Or somewhere else accessible by train before heading to Manchester airport to fly out?

Please let me know.

Los An
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days... best place?

Conwy? Durham?

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days... best place?

If you're in the Leeds/Ilkley area you can't miss out on York. It depends on what kind of place you're looking for.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days... best place?

Harrogate, Ripon, York, the Yorkshire Sculpture Park near Wakefield... etc.

Loads of places to visit, but it really does depend on your interests.

Edited: 3:16 am, June 05, 2012
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days... best place?

Go to York - train to Leeds, then train to York - about one hour with connections.

Ilkley itself is lovely if you are into walking. Also you can catch a bus straight from Ilkley to Bolton Abbey (about 15 minutes) or the market town of Skipton with its small but perfectly formed castle. There's an open air lido in Ilkley should you happen to catch the one day in the year it's hot enough to use it:-)

5. Re: Two days... best place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Leeds