We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jubilee Weekend trip

Which Leeds hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Jubilee Weekend trip

We are coming up to Leeds for the first time in two years for the Jubilee Bank Holiday, paid just £67 (gone up by £37 overall today) for 3 nights in the brand new Premier Inn City Centre North.

First question, are there any new restaurants, pub or bars that have opened since early 2010 which we should be looking out for? All types of cuisine, any kind of pub/bar not just real ale.

Secondly, I know the Premier Inn opened this week and the Arena is still being built but how is the general area around this hotel at present? I am expecting some construction disruption but it would still be nice to have an idea before we arrive. Also, would you grab a taxi to the hotel from the train station? I think I know where it is and as Leeds is quite compact I'm sure we could walk it, but with bags it might be a bit tricky.

Lastly, looking at going to both Harrogate & York (been to York many times) during the 3 days as well as exploring Leeds again. Is there a rover train ticket we could get so potentially we could have a day in Harrogate and an evening in York or would we just have to pay for a return to each separately?

Thanks for your help!

dmtuk
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jubilee Weekend trip

It might be nice to go down to the Sky Lounge at the Hilton Doubletree (used to be Mint Hotel) at Granary Wharfe - you have an almost 360 degree view of Leeds (including from the balcony/terrace) so you can view the changes to the city and have a lovely cocktail. Its become a bit of a hot spot. :)

Leeds, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Jubilee Weekend trip

You could look at the using the city bus from the train station to the hotel, the stop is right outside the front of the station by M&S. http://www.wymetro.com/BusTravel/Leeds.htm

Leeds, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Jubilee Weekend trip

Highly recommend Harrogate, pleasant train journey. Have a look at the spa and Betty's tea rooms. Even the Weatherspoons has a nice beer garden! Not sure if you have kids but if you do, try Valley Gardens in Harrogate - its a lovely park. Have fun!!!

Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Jubilee Weekend trip

You can get the 36 bus to Harrogate from Leeds bus station. Every 40 mins. Only takes 40 mins and Works out cheaper than train.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Jubilee Weekend trip

Thanks Sarah and Tom. I didn't know about the CityBus, 50p each, cheaper than a cab and a stop right near Merrion Centre for our hotel. Save our legs for the pub crawls!

Thanks also for the Harrogate bus info. Is it much cheaper than train? I can get a Northern Duo ticket on train for £11.80 for the two of us.

16. Re: Jubilee Weekend trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:01 am, August 25, 2012
england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Jubilee Weekend trip

Sarah,

the Jubilee weekend has been and gone

18. Re: Jubilee Weekend trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 20, 2013