We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A word of warning! - Unite accommodation! - James Baillie...

Leeds
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A word of warning! - Unite accommodation! - James Baillie...

If you are planning on staying at James Baillie Park when you come to Leeds Uni, be warned about the internet connection. The accommodation is very nice, but the most expensive. The most disappointing aspect of James Baillie Park is the internet connection. I am studying a computer course and everyone has to pay ������225 for a 512k connection for a 40 week period. In none technical terms, i could purchase an internet connection from any british provider for about the same price but the connection would be 4 times as fast and would cover 12 months. I also received my internet two weeks AFTER i arrived at James Baillie Park so the cost works out as more. When i enquired as to why my internet had not arrived, i was simply told by the office staff that because so many people had applied, they couldn't handle all the admin work. Perhaps they should spend some of the tens of thousands of pounds in profit from the internet connection alone on improving not only the connection itself, but its distribution. There are also a handy 12 washing machines for 550 people.

Leeds
Level Contributor
669 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A word of warning! - Unite accommodation! - James Baillie...

I agree, 12 washing machines for 550 students is way too many o;)

Get answers to your questions about Leeds