We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars in Leeds

Ireland
5 posts
Save Topic
Bars in Leeds

Hi- Would anybody be able to recommend any nice restaurants and then nearby bars in Leeds. We are travelling there on the 16th Sept and will be there on a Saturday night!

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars in Leeds

Hi there

I work in Leeds - there are some fantastic restaurants here to suit all budgets. Can you give me some idea about what sort of food you like, price you want to pay etc. Also are you interested just in city centre places?

My favourite restaurant in Leeds (after extensive research!) is Sous le nez en Ville. Unfortunately it doesn't have its own website. It's situated in a cellar and the food is just fantastic - French with a twist. They do an early bird menu of 3 courses, including a free half bottle of red or white wine and this is just superb value at £19.95. I think you have to order by 7 to get this deal.

I also like Whitelocks which is a virtually unspoilt pub with small dining room attached. The food is good and VERY cheap. They do a starter of Yorkshire Pudding with gravy, and a fabuous steak and stilton pie. You could easily eat here for a tenner.

If you are out to impress then I also love the food at Brasserie 44, which does have a website. www.poolcourt.com and then follow the link to Brasserie 44.

As far as bars go, have a look at www.itchyleeds.co.uk.

Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars in Leeds

Hi Morgana

Many thanks for the info! We are looking for a restaurant that serves fairly plain basic food. We are staying in the City Centre so anywhere around there would be great. Many thanks

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars in Leeds

souz le nez en ville is fantastic! i've only been lucky enough to go the once, but shall certainly be visiting for that early bird offer the next time i'm home.

as for bars, stick to the corn exchange area you can't really go wrong, otherwise at the other side of the shopping area is bar risa, tiger tiger, life bar etc which are all good, and close together.

have a great night!

bex

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars in Leeds

Much as I love Sous le Nez I am not sure it is quite what you are looking for.

If you are after good, plain food in the City centre I still think Whitelocks is an excellent place. It's like a time warp, and yet it is just off the main shopping centre - you'll get Brownie points off your travelling companions for finding such a little gem. Everyone I have taken here has just loved it! A real, old fashioned Victorian style pub serving real ale and great food!

It doesn't have a website, and I have a feeling they stop serving food about 7.30pm, so this may be too early for you. Also if you decide to eat here you will have to book as the dining area is small. The address is Turks Head Yard, off Briggate (the main, pedestrianised shopping street) and the number is 0113 2453950. A quick google brings up lots of info as well.

M

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars in Leeds

if you want something reasonably priced, not too fancy, and in the city centre try the light.

there's browns, M.A. Potters and a fantastic pizza place called brio, which are all nice.

(please forgive me if any of this information is wrong - its over a year since i last lived there and things change so fast! - i miss leeds!!)

Level Contributor
917 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars in Leeds

Best bar area is Call Lane, Corn Exchange district.

Bars to check out are Oporto, Wu's, Norman, Revolution, Townhouse etc... Just ask anybody to direct you to call lane.

Get answers to your questions about Leeds