We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the Westgate area like

Which Bradford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the Westgate area like

Hello Bradfordians...

Can you tell me what the area round Westgate is like ?

Is it safe to leave your car overnight in the New Beehive car park?

What curry options do I have within half a mile of the New Beehive?

Cheers.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the Westgate area like

Hi

Hard to say really - we often visit the folk club at the Irish Club near the Beehive and have had no problems but it is a bit run down round there. The Beehive is one of my favourite pubs and both of the curry houses next to it are recommended - though I have not been in the Westgate for a very long time! The Sheesh Mahal does my favourite onion bhajis - thin strips of onion in a really light batter - fantastic - and a decent curry.

There are a few restaurants on Lumb Lane which is opposite the Beehive and the Sweet Centre is probably the most renowned but again a long time since I have been there. If you enjoy your beer the Fighting Cock is around 10 mins walk away on Preston St and the Castle is further down Westgate towards the city centre.

Hope you enjoy your visit - if you have a chance visit the National Media Museum and Saltaire our World Heritage Site

2. Re: Whats the Westgate area like

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bradford