We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timble Inn

Lichfield
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Timble Inn

Any views on this place, looks lovely but is it a place to have a drink..seems no bar?

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timble Inn

The only Timble Inn I know is in North Yorkshire and has a bar.

http://www.thetimbleinn.co.uk/bar.php

Are you looking at another one in West Yorkshire?

Lichfield
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timble Inn

That's the one, is it the sort of bar you can sit and have a chat in? The virtual tour makes it look like an isolated hotel bar?

Thanks, Andy

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timble Inn

It's a lovely place but quite remote, and it has built up a reputation for excellent food. So I would have thought that the majority of people going all the way out there are dining.

Having said that, I don't see any reason why you couldn't just have a chat and a drink in the bar. But it is very much a food destination place.

The whole area (Washburn Valley) is very pretty - you can walk round the nearby Reservoirs for instance.

Otley, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
556 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timble Inn

The pub has undergone a SEVERE refurbishment. It's beautifully done inside, yes there is a smallish bar area, and the last time I cordite there were bar stools, but not many. But you don't have to sit in the bar area, you can sit at the tables to drink. I haven't personally eaten here, so I can't officially review, however my parents did with my brother and sister in law 2/3 Christmases ago. They said the food was nice, however they didn't care for the attitude and the fraudulent attempt of trying to charge them with what was quite clearly the bill of a group of 6/8 people & having the threat of the police being thrown in!! To which my Dad said go ahead and call them!! 1 of my friends and her family live in the village and went in with another family, they were after food and was told only sandwiches were available, however people coming in after them were able to order hot food, but whilst they were there noises were being made about the 2 families being too noisy & the kids tearing about the place, however all the kids were sat quietly playing on Nintendo's etc! Another report from another friend "walkers welcome" which most establishments have a sign up saying boots welcome or please remove boots at the door, however no sign to say either way, wasn't a wet or muddy walk, no mud on boots & rather rudely they were asked to rremove their boots!!

Lichfield
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timble Inn

Thanks for the replies, we are staying overnight in a couple of weeks time so will report back...

Andy

6. Re: Timble Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, January 02, 2016