We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Weekend - West Sussex

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Weekend - West Sussex

Hi Folks,

Im looking for a place to take my better half away for a romantic weekend in January/February.

Coming from London so we would look to leave Friday evening so not

Stay Friday and Saturday night in an old(ish) place with country or sea charm.

Not hustle and bustle, a relaxing, reading book by the fireplace type of thing in a nice setting.

Any suggestions would be welcomed

B

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Weekend - West Sussex

Rather than repeat myself....!!!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186404-i1214-k5…

Mike

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Weekend - West Sussex

I suggest you look at the area around Arundel. Nice town with enough old world charm and nicely situated by the river Arun. I also love Bosham which has bags if old world charm and us near the coast. I'm afraid I can't recommend accomodation as I used to live within a 30 minute drive and never stayed overnight alas. I'm sure there will be some who know nice accomodation in this area.

Edited: 2:00 pm, January 12, 2012
uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Weekend - West Sussex

Richmond Arms, West Ashling, near chichester is amazing

London, England...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Weekend - West Sussex

Bit late to reply. I recommend Steyning in West Sussex. Once a very important town so lots of buildings of historic and architectural interest. Not well known so not packed with tourists. Pubs and restaurants in High street and lovely walks nearby

5. Re: Romantic Weekend - West Sussex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, October 16, 2017