We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

Which Coventry hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambs
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

Hi all Coventry trip advisors!

I'm visiting Cov for a weekend soon and wonder if you could recommend some lounge type bars for daytime/evening, and also tell me your favourite Indian (Modern Indian if poss), Italian or Thai? We are staying in the centre, but might travel out of town if it's really worth it! Many thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

Not been into Coventry city centre for quite a while so no personal recommendations. The Indians and Italian we have used recently that I would recommend are probably too far out, being maybe 10 miles plus. Just googled the Italian and nearer 17 miles!

But at least your post is back at the top.... for a short while

Cambs
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

Ah, thanks Tony! I hate not getting any replies!

Hay-on-Wye, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

shilmla spice is a nice indian restaurant with modern interior it is located near the train station,also if you are staying in the city centre there is a bella italia

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

Knowing my luck you have probably already visitied, but I'll reply in case you haven't. The Blue Orchid restaurant near Queens road baptist church is really nice. It is just by the ring road on the station side of town http://www.blue-orchid.co.uk/menu.html There is a bella Italia by the Belgrade theatre, and on the Daventry Road in Cheylesmore area of the city is the Sonargaon Tandoori if you fancy Indian. Only about 2 miles at most out of the city centre. tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186403-…

The bars I can't really help you with.

Coventry, England
Level Contributor
200 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

The best indian restaurant by a LONG way is Bengal delight in Holbrooks! The food is amazing.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

Try Turmeric Gold restaurant on Medieval Spon Street. It is one of the best Indian restaurants in Coventry.

7. Re: Suggestions of bars and restaurants please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Coventry