We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coventry Godiva Festival 2010

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,720 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Coventry Godiva Festival 2010

Nobody else seems to have mentioned it, so I will.

The line-up is now available at what they describe, probably with some justification as " The UK's Biggest and Best Free Family Festival! " at

http://www.godivafestival.co.uk/

Well worth a look if you're in the area for the first weekend in July.

Coventry Cathedral
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,720 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coventry Godiva Festival 2010

A quick bump for anyone looking for something to do in cov this weekend. Let's hope the rain holds off.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,720 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coventry Godiva Festival 2010

Well the rain held off and on Saturday about 54,000 had a pretty good time.

On Friday night Kid Creole and the Coconuts and Martin Fry (ABC) were both superb as part of "80s night". I don't much care for The Christians but their set was quite well received. I'd have had Martin Fry headlining.

Ash were fantastic on Saturday belting out some genuine rock anthems like 'Shinging Light;, 'Burn Baby, Burn' and of course 'Girl From Mars' with skill and enthusiasm and looking like they were really enjoying themselves. Of the four unsigned bands featured earlier in the day the lively ska of "Tempting Rosie" was our favourite.

Sunday was mostly for relaxing with several pretty girls singing pretty songs and playing their guitars prettily - I was feeling a bit ropey so it was probably for the best. Looking forward to next years Godiva Fast already.

3. Re: Coventry Godiva Festival 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 02, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Coventry