We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for our party!

UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help for our party!

Hi everyone,

Am having a terrible time researching this one so hopefully someone out there will be able to help!

I have to organise a christmas ball for our company, and Birmingham has been chosen as the location, being quite central.

There will probably be about 60-70 people attending, and we're looking for a kind of graduation ball type thing I guess, black tie, with dinner, a band, bar, disco, the whole shebang. I need recommendations of hotels in Birmingham who could host this type of event. If anyone knows of any hotels that seem big enough, or has had a similar event somewhere, that would be perfect. Failing that, a restaurant/event centre etc, which has reasonably priced hotels nearby? We would be travelling from all around the country, so will need accommodation too. It doesn't have to be in the centre of the city, a nice country manor would do too!!

Any suggestions, no matter how out there, would be very very very much appreciated!

Even if someone could point me in the direction of some of the larger hotels it would be a starting point!

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for our party!

I reckon somewhere like the Metropole could oblige.

But it would depend on whether you want an exclusive venue for your own use or want to have a bunch of tables in a larger venue where other organisations will be sharing?

I attended the Metropole for an IBM do a while back but we were not the only company there that night despite having I think well over 200 heads for dinner!

No offence but kinda late to be planning this kind of bash - depending how close to Xmas you want to be many places will already be booked up.

I would advise on being ready to make a decision that if you can't get this style of event reasonably quickly look at reassessing what you want to do. Otherwise even smaller venues might start becoming hard to find.

Good luck!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for our party!

How about taking a few tables at a really big Christmas bash?

JD Parties organise a huge one here in Cheshire at Tatton Park that's always great fun (I've been there about 5 times now) and we've got a brochure lying round the office that says they do another in Birmingham.

Another company to try is eventwise.co.uk - very easy to work with and the events are really fun too. Have a browse at their web site. Good luck.

UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for our party!

We have looked into joining other big parties, but would prefer a private one if possible. I know it's getting late, but that's kinda how it is! We have to make the best of it :)

Any ideas for hotels etc that might be suitable?

Thanks for the other suggestions :)

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for our party!

Try Coombe Abbey (www.coombeabbey.com) or there are hotels near NEC - Crowne Plaza, Metropole, Marriatt, Hilton

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help for our party!

also Wroxall Abbey and Nuthurst Grange

bham UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help for our party!

1. The belfry - hotel

2. Fairlawns - in Aldridge - have a staff party set up already, big event just like that - country hotel in nice area, good facitlitys too.

3. Nuthurst Grange - went to a wedding there - really good food and nice size function room - only sleep about 13 there though but there is a travel lodge up the road.

4. Moorhall

5. jongleurs in town centre do big staff events - see website

good luck!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help for our party!

Metropole is prob best bet but you could have it in one of the smaller function rooms at ICC, botanical gardens or the centennial centre and then theres heaps of reasonable hotels on broad street.

birmingham england
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Help for our party!

hi try this place www.mono-bar.co.uk very classy can cater for all

plus the ibis hotel is a stone throw away

9. Re: Help for our party!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, August 19, 2009