We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
taxi

Hi all

Could any one give me a rough estimate of time and cost of a taxi from mailbox to LG arena. Roughly 5o clock November 8th Friday evening.

thank you jjds

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi

Why don't you ring a couple of taxi firms( maybe TOA and a minicab firm) for a quote? Unfortunately you're talking about the rush hour out of the city, normally I'd say the journey would be 30 mins give or take, but Friday evenings are busy on the roads. From my place in Kings Heath to the airport (close enough to LG Arena) is usually about £25, but I haven't done the journey in the rush hour.

Do you have to take a taxi? Plenty of trains and you are not far from the station at 5 ways.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi

The Mailbox is 5 minutes walk from New Street railway station. Trains to the NEC (Birmingham International) depart every 5 minutes at that time of day and take about 10-15 mins. At the other end its about a 10 min walk to the LG Arena. Overall that's faster than a taxi and at 5pm on a Friday a return ticket is £4.40 per person.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi

Black Cab will cost £20-25 and could take anything from 30 minutes to well over an hour at 5pm on a Friday. Definitely much better idea to take the train.

4. Re: taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 30, 2014