We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposing in Birmingham

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Proposing in Birmingham

Hi

I have booked myself snd girlfriend a weekend in Birmingham for her birthday in late November. We arrive on a Friday evening, which is her birthday, and I want to pop the question before spending Saturday in the jewelry quarter looking for a ring together.

Can anyone recommend a place in or around the city centre for the big moment? She definately isn't into doing it in a packed restaurant or anything (thank god) but would like to do it somewhere nice.

Thank you

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
96 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Proposing in Birmingham

If you put those coordinates in Google you can't really get to the exact spot on Street-view. If you put the orange-man on St. Martin's Sq. then you're actually in the square - not above it. There is a blue dot/picture on street-view - I would go as far down as possible towards the church - it's really quiet and peaceful, and as I said you see the entire city infront of you. It really depends if you want a lively restaurant setting, of which all the suggestions are great, or if you want somewhere quiet.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
150 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Proposing in Birmingham

Indigo lounge and champagne bar at the top of the cube, has fantasic views, and nice at night.

Failing that sit her on the bull at the bullring,save you getting down on 1 knee, good luck

13. Re: Proposing in Birmingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 29, 2014