We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel?

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
146 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel?

arriving by train for an overnight stay. shopping and evening out. dont know Birmingham. been looking at hotels and I wondered which is best?

looked at Radisson Blu, Hilton Garden Inn Brindley Place and Macdonald Burlington. Advice needed.

thanks

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel?

They are all good hotels. Radisson and Burlington are closer to shopping areas and Hilton is closer to nightlife. However, from any of those hotels you can walk all around the city centre. If you choose Burlington ask them which rooms are affected by construction noise from New Street Station redevelopment.

Edited: 3:53 pm, June 08, 2013
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
146 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel?

thanks. is the hilton a walk? really dont know which to choose. going out sat eve (unsure to where) but shopping then collecting bags to then go on train sun? ??

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel?

Hilton is only about 15-20 minutes walk from the Bullring but if that is too far, Radisson and Burlington are much closer.

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
829 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel?

My vote would be for the Radisson - it's within easy walking distance of the station and the shops but also near to the entertainment areas of the Arcadian and Broad Street.

Edited: 7:14 am, June 10, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel?

Radisson is best to choose because it is at less distance from station. Entertainment areas are near about it. It having about 120 guest rooms with all services.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel?

Yeah,My vote also goes to Radisson.As it's location is very good and more convenient from Birmingham.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,328 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel?

Hotel du Vin for me, every time. I can still remember every detail of my room there, not something I can say about most city centre hotels I stay at !

Mike

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel?

Big question is what's your budget? Personally I'd say the Malmaison

malmaison.com/offers/…

Also it's right next door to Harvey Nics and 0.3 miles walk to station plus at the base of Mailbox www.mailboxlife.com/

for all your eating drinking needs.

9. Re: which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 27, 2014