We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from London to Warwick Castle

Which Warwick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from London to Warwick Castle

I think our family would enjoy a day at Warwick Castle. How would we get there from London via public transportation?

Deb

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

According to the nationalrail website, trains run from Marylebone with a change at Bicester and take around 2 hrs 25 min.

nationalexpress would give details of coach services

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

From the Warwick Castle website

<<< By Rail

Warwick Station is approximately one mile from the Castle. A direct service into London Marylebone (1 hour 45 minutes) or Birmingham Snow Hill is available.

www.centraltrains.co.uk www.chilternrailways.co.uk >>>

warwick-castle.co.uk/warwick2004/vtc_parking…

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

Thank you both! I'm beginning to formulate a new plan. If we want to see the area, I assume we'll need a car.

New plan... Thursday, take train/tube to Heathrow and rent a car. Drive to Warwick/Stratford and spend the day visiting the village and sites. Friday, visit the castle. Saturday, drive back to Heathrow to catch our afternoon flight home.

Does this make sense? I'm woefully inadequate at planning English transportation. :)

Deb

4. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:26 pm, October 27, 2015
Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

I would advise train to Leamington and hire a car,as the previous post stated our motorways can be busy depending on the time of day.Advantage of a car is see Stratford and Wawick on day one,then on day 2 drive through the cotswold vilages (recommend visiting lower Slaughter) and heading back to Heathrow spend a couple of hours in Oxford.

If you go to Stratford you could use the open top tourist bus to take you around the Shakespear sites. There are 1 or 2 excellent Guest houses in Warwick close to the castle also please dont miss visiting St Marys church once inside you will understand why.

16 miles outside Warwick on the Bunbury road there is a 17th century coaching inn at Edge Hill (English civil war Battle site) who have rooms with breakfast for around $100 a night. Google Premier lodges for more info.

Way
UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

Have a look at www.warwickchamberoftrade.co.uk

A very good 'How to get here' page and loads of other useful information.

NH
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

This is really a new question, but so close to deb's question that I decided to join this train of thoughts.

My wife and I will be staying with family in Iver, between Uxbridge and Slough later this month. We want to spend a day visitng Oxford and The Warwick Castle, traveling via train. My questions are as follows:

1) Since the train from Slough to Warwick passes through Oxford, can we get out for a few hours and then continue our journey with the same ticket? Or would there be an extra charge for the break in journey?

2) Would it be less expensive to take the Metropolitan line in from Uxbride to Marlebone and the the direct cheaper train to Warwick?

Thanks

Bob

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

1) Since the train from Slough to Warwick passes through Oxford, can we get out for a few hours and then continue our journey with the same ticket? Or would there be an extra charge for the break in journey?

As long as you have a standard day return or a cheap day return you can break your journey in either direction at no extra cost.

If you have a saver ticket you can only break your journey on the return trip.

Sorry don't know which are available from Slough.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

2) Would it be less expensive to take the Metropolitan line in from Uxbride to Marlebone and the the direct cheaper train to Warwick?

It's an Awful Long Way Round - considering that Slough is 20 minutes by bus from Gerrards Cross station on the line out of Marylebone - probably less than it takes to get to Uxbridge

Kentucky
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from London to Warwick Castle

My parents have done warwick and Stratford via train. The time they went was a big flood, but the trains are available to both places. you might want to research whether car or train would cheaper, as you can walk to most places in stratford from the rail station and easily get to the Castle from the Warwick rail station. Keep in mind, driving on the left.