We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick Castle Shows

Which Warwick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Warwick Castle Shows

Hello! We will be based in Oakham for a week at the end of June. I have several day trips planned and just read about Warwick Castle as another day trip idea.

On the castle website I've read about the advance ticket cost savings, food offerings, and a few scheduled shows on the day we'd probably visit. My question is: are there other shows that are part of the normal daily schedule: like jousting, bird of prey show, comedy shows, dance/singing performances, etc.?

We have Renaissance Festivals in the USA that we've been to and enjoy. Warwick Castle sounds somewhat similar, but based in an actual medieval castle vs. a local park setting. Would this be an accurate description? Are there plenty of shows offered during the day that you go watch?

One hestitation I have with the pre-booking is: the weather. What if it happens to be a dreary wet day? Is Warwick Castle still a good place to visit then?

Thanks so much!

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
136 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick Castle Shows

I think it depends on when you visit, if on a weekend there are more shows such as bird of prey, jousting and shows showing usually amusing reinactments of battles.

The grounds and castle itself are beautiful and there are parts of the castle inside. However it is best enjoyed in the good weather as if it's rainy there is not much inside to do.

Best thing is to make a day of it take a picnic you can have a walk in to Warwick as the castle is right in the center. Definitely worth s visit.

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick Castle Shows

Hi. Thanks for the reply :>)

I have switched our plans a bit so we can go on a Sunday. I did email the venue and it doesn't seem as anything is different on the days we can go but the weekend may have more buzz to it.

We go the end of June and it seems that the jousitng and other performances are not being offered at that time :>( I am a tad worried that the day won't be as exciting and fun-filled as I had hoped but I am sure it'll still be a good day.

Calgary
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick Castle Shows

We went in march, and watched archery demo, firing the trebuchet, and followed the defence and attack tour. They also had birds of prey on display, if they did a flight display, we missed it. There were numerous tents set up but closed that early in the season so dont really know how much more shows there would be

Calgary
Level Contributor
645 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwick Castle Shows

What ever you do don't waste your time on the "Merlin: the Dragon Tower" show. You'll feel colossally ripped off if you do. Go read the Tripadvisor reviews of Warwick castle if you don't believe me.

There are plenty of activities and shows included in the general admission to keep you occupied for the full day.

We went last summer and I pre-booked my tickets online the night before to save a few quid. There is no need to pre-book weeks in advance.

5. Re: Warwick Castle Shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, May 18, 2014