We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

Which Warwick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrogate, England
9 posts
Save Topic
Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

We are coming to Warwick in August for 2 nights - can anyone recommend any god restaurants for a family of 4, 2 children aged 9 and 5.

Children like most foods, pasta, Indian, Chinese, Steaks, so pretty much anything child friendly - they are very used to eating out, and we want to stick away from the large Pizza Express style chains if we can.

Any ideas welcomed!

thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

Hello Bettys Teas - I can recommend a couple of places in Warwick. The first is Piccolinos in Smith Street, which is an Italian-family-owned restaurant. Lovely Italian food, including pizza and pasta dishes. They get very busy, so service can be slow at times, but well worth the wait. Best to book.

For good English cuisine I would recommend Fanshawes in Market Place. Everything is home made, including bread, ice cream and even the chocolates with your coffee. They are happy to accommodate children in the early evening - I think they open at around 6.00 pm, and again I would recommend that you book ahead.

A couple of Indian restaurants you could try are the Castle Balti, also in Smith Street, or the more upmarket Saffron in Market Street.

Hope this helps.

Trish

Harrogate, England
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

Trish,

many thanks, thats really useful. There is an excellent chain in North England called Piccolino's, they have a few around Manchester and Leeds areas - presumably not related to the one in Warwick. If so, good recommendation, if not we will try it anyway!

thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

Hello again. No, Piccolino's is not part of a large chain. It's owned by a local man, originally from Sicily I think, and he has just two restaurants - the one in Warwick and another in nearby Leamington Spa.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Warwick.

Trish

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

Bettys Teas - I have just read in today's local paper that, after nearly 20 years in business, the owners of Fanshawes are retiring at the end of July, so please don't go hunting for the restaurant round Market Place when you visit in August.

Trish

Harrogate, England
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

Trish

thanks for the update - we will get ourselves booked up at Piccolino's.

We are staying at Chesford Grange - any idea what its reputation for food and generally is supposed to be like?

thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

I can't really help you on Chesford Grange Betty's Teas, as I haven't been there for years. Have only been there for functions, and a couple of weddings, and the food was surprisingly good then - but that was over five years ago, so things may have changed.

Trish

7. Re: Child friendly restaurants in Warwick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 05, 2009