We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch out for this holiday home company!

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
106 reviews
Save Topic
Watch out for this holiday home company!

On 17 October, I booked 6 Hathaway Hamlet (part of the Church Farm Barns) for Christmas week (www.stratfordholidaylet.co.uk/contentok.php…) , and paid a 386 GBP deposit via PayPal. Within a couple of hours, I got an email saying their system had allowed the house to be double booked, and they were cancelling my reservation. I responded immediately stating I assumed my deposit would be refunded. After 4 days of no response, I filed a dispute with PayPal for 'goods not received.' With no response from either PayPal or the owner 3 days later, I called. I was told that they did not have my money - even though my bank account showed they were paid - and that I would have to file a dispute with PayPal (which I already had, and according to PayPal resolution centre, they had emailed them). The woman told me she would confirm that I had not received my goods, and I should email her the next day if I didn't hear anything from PayPal. Sure enough, I did not hear anything, so I emailed again, saying that I really needed this money back (I had to put a deposit elsewhere) and that I would take payment via my bank if needed. I got a rude response saying that because I filed a dispute, PayPal had taken the money from them already (wait a minute, yesterday you said that you never had my money??), so I would have to get it back from PayPal via the claims escalation process. 7 days after cancelling my reservation, I still don't have my money and PayPal's system will give them until the 4th of November to respond! As of 29 October, still no word about my refund. Needless to say, I will never look to book here again, and will warn my friends / family about this place.

1. Re: Watch out for this holiday home company!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Stratford-upon-Avon