We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

West Midlands
Level Contributor
64 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

Has anyone eaten at the Indian in Wellsbourne (Shah's I think?). I'm staying at the Charlecote Pheasant shortly and I've read that the food isn't great there so was wondering what there was in Wellsbourne (closer than Stratford).

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

I haven't eaten at Shah's, and there's not much else in Wellesbourne that I would recommend. The Granville in Barford is good though, as is the Baraset Barn at Alveston - you will need to book.

Stratford-on-Avon,En...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

We have eaten at Shah's several times and it is a bit hit and miss, to be honest. We have had good pub food at The Stag's Head and the King's Head both of which are in Wellesbourne (the former being better) but even better at The Boar's Head at Hampton Lucy which is closer to the Charlecote Pheasant and is even within walking distance if the weather is reasonable. If it is an Indian you fancy, you may be better coming into Stratford.

I would totally agree regarding Baraset Barn, food is always good but can be quite pricey, depending on what you want (2 courses - we usually pay around £30 per head with a drink and bottle of wine)

Edited: 1:17 pm, December 28, 2009
coventry
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

i have only 3 words to use to describe this very poor excuse for an indian restaurant and thats dreadful,dreadful and dreadful!!!

Edited: 6:49 am, February 01, 2010
Stratford Upon Avon
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

brownie044 - where would you class as a good indian restaurant then? I'm intrigued!

Daventry, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

Aladdins in Tiddington is a fantastic Indian.

new york
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

agree with TrishP the Baraset Barn is a good choice.

7. Re: Indian Restaurant in Wellsbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 16, 2010