We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

Just is just a heads up for anyone with a parking spot booked at the above Airport Car Park, apparently its closed.

I've just had an email from Holiday Extras who I booked through to say I've been moved to the Airports Long Stay Car Park

I'm not sure how far in advance they are advising people but I'm due to go in 2 weeks

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

Not sure if they normally close over the winter?

We tend to use the long stay at the airport as we find it easier, if you can get parked in the car park closest to the office we don't bother with the bus - or last time hubby dropped me and the cases off in the pick up and drop off car park, paid his £1 then parked in long stay.

Lou73

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

Its usually open all year round.

I obviously don't have a choice now (other than to cancel and re-book another car park at a much greater cost) but the Airports Long Stay car park at night, in the winter is very badly lit for my liking, especially for a woman alone and I vowed never to use it again if I was returning late at night.

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

Last time I parked in the long stay by myself I was lucky and got a space right next to the office, I would recommend just going to that car park even if the signs are saying full, chances are there will be a space, other times I have used the Meet and Greet service - it is a bit more expensive, but for peace of mind late at night I found it worth every penny - recently their prices have gone up, hence how I just used the long stay the last time.

Lou73

Consett, Co...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

Passed today and the gates were locked from the outside with scores of cars inside. No sign of life inside at all. No idea what is going on!

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

Is the bellair car park at throckley about a mile from the airport still open.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

I'm not sure it was classed as Throckley, but the one this thread is about is the junction south of the airport, about a mile away on the right hand side of the main road

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,634 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

It's not actually in Throckley but you do take the Throckley and Woolsington turn off from the Airport road (A696) to get to it

8. Re: Airparks (formerly BellAir) Car Park at Airport closed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne