We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B small hotel for the GNR

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Magor, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
B&B small hotel for the GNR

My wife and I are coming up for the night before the GNR with our daughter and her friend who are doing the run. Any ideas for a double and a twin, both en-suite for the night of the 14th September.

Come on you locals give us the benefit of your knowledge.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
978 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B small hotel for the GNR

To be fair nevmeg us locals don't often have the need for a city centre hotel. We live here :)

I know jesmond is popular for the run and handy for the start line. I still think there are better restaurants etc in the town centre though. Loads of hotels and quite a few new ones. Marco Pierre white has one called hotel indigo where my sister and her partner stayed recently it comes thoroughly recommended by them and the price was good too apparently.

Don't know what your budget or expectations/requirements are so have a look at all the reviews and see which fits you best. Or let us know a bit more and we might be able to point you in the right direction

Level Contributor
818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B small hotel for the GNR

you could consider the following

Stay at Tynemouth ,there are 2 fantastic guest houses ,tynemoouth is on the coast but near the metro, so handy to get to the toon for the beginning of the race, Jesmond is a boho superb of Newcastle with loads of bars restaurants and hotels ,a very good choice for location, city centre try Jurys or one of the premier inns or Holiday Inn, you obviously use TA so why not just see the reviews, there is also the holiday inn and jurys in Gateshead, just "ower the water"

be quick though hotels fill up fast, you could also look at south Shields which is where the race ends, so you could base yersel here wor kid and get the metro into the toon, then once the race is ower ya yem man, So dont dismiss south shields there is a canny hotel reet on the beach,hope thgis helps, there is a premier inn right in the city centre a 10 min walk from the

start of the race, the choice is yours there are many,

3. Re: B&B small hotel for the GNR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 06, 2014