We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Hip Newcastle Bars

Hull, England
Level Contributor
104 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Cool Hip Newcastle Bars

Coming to Newcastle soon for the weekend. Bit old for the Bigg Market now so I was looking for somewhere a bit more classy.

I heard the Quayside and Bigg Market are struggling these days which is a shame as I have had some great nights there in the past but things move on.

Any help with bars that might suit would be great

Cheers , John

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
979 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool Hip Newcastle Bars

Totally agree John, I love the quay but I was there last Saturday and at 9pm there were more bar staff than customers in most bars. That cant go on much longer Im afraid. There are a few exceptions, The Quayside Weatherspoons always seems to be busy , as are the Pitcher and Piano at the other end and the Waterline behind it.

These days I tend to start somewhere like the Forth Hotel and the Town Wall near the Central Station, then work my way down towards the quayside (Union Rooms?) Perdu is always really busy too and getting bigger. Grey St has a couple of decent bars. There is always Osborne Road in Jesmond as an alternative?

Enjoy wherever you end up

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
334 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool Hip Newcastle Bars

I'd suggest somehere around the central station area , there are a few bars on the same side as the station that are pretty cool but just over the road to the right you have the collingwood street group of bars , you have Revolution then Purdue , Mr Lynch and Floritas which are all "COOL" and "HIP" IMO. Opposite the station and on the left (up the lane near Subway) you have the previously mentioned The Forth and the Town Wall. Avoid the bigg market at all costs. I'm sure you'll have fun wherever you end up.

3. Re: Cool Hip Newcastle Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne