We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

Hi, I am coming to Newcastle at the end of the month for a friends birthday, I am trying to find somewhere to stay that isn't too far from the centre, I dont mind paying a few quid in a taxi to get to and from the centre of town, bars etc. I will be driving up so ideally need somewhere safe to park my car too. So please can anyone recommend somewhere to stay and also perhaps where to go out as this will be our first time in Newcastle!! Thanks

London, England
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

Newcastle is quite a compact city so you should find something within walking distance of where you want to be.

At the cheap end there is Jury's Inn (one in Newcastle, one in Gateshead), plus better places such as the Copthorne or Vermont.

What is your budget, and what are your exact dates?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

We are looking at Sat 28th Jan, not looking to spend more than about £25 each really, there are 4 of us so 2 double or twin rooms! Thanks

London, England
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

Not much choice at that price but Laterooms is showing both Jury's Inns at £45 per night.

The Newcastle one is close to the Central Station and pretty central. The pubs in that immediate area are mainly gay but it's a very short walk to other bars.

The Gateshead one has recently opened so likely to be in better condition. It is beside the Baltic and Sage. Walk across the Millenium Bridge and you will be on the Newcastle Quayside.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
978 posts
118 reviews
4. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

There is also the Swallow in Gateshead for a reasonable price and I believe the parking is good too.

2 min taxi ride to the Quayside but you might want to start at the top end of town, the Gate complex seems to be popular and work you way back down to the quay and get a taxi back up the hill at the end of the night. (or ten inute walk if your feeling energetic)

If you want a pointer to specific bars or clubs let me know

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
628 posts
99 reviews
5. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

for the price you want to pay the nearest to your budget would be the Newgate hotel with free parking at £52 per room

www.booking.com/hotel/gb/qualityhotelnewcastle.en-gb.html?sid=702120e5aa4f1ad9cb27343d7a2bc620;dcid=1;checkin=2012-01-28;checkout=2012-01-29;srfid=0475bbacf79eefa5f230baf3169d1009X3

close to the gate central area.

Edited: 2:39 am, January 05, 2012
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

Thanks for this! I have booked the Jurys Inn Gateshead, so if we head from here to the Gate area and then to the quayside and a taxi back up?? If you could name a couple of bars that are good that would be great! If not we will just follow thr crowds!! Thanks

London, England
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

If you are starting at The Gate probably get a cab there - may be cheaper and simpler from the Newcastle side.

No need to get a cab to the Quayside - it's a walk across the bridge.

Sorry I don't have bar suggestions, I drink in another area to which you are unlikely to go.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

Hi Pablo, so I am thinking we will start in The Gate and then make our way to the Quayside later on. Can you recommend a club for us to end our night?

Thanks!

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
978 posts
118 reviews
9. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

Little while since I have been in Amy but as clubs go I quite like Sea at the Quayside.

The busiest always seems to be Blu Bambu in the Bigg Market though, its a question of personal taste really but I always found Sea to be a little more 'up market' and its also a live music venue now

http://www.riversidenewcastle.co.uk/index.cfm

I also used to frequent World Headquarters now and again which had a good atmosphere but its a little awkward to get to

http://www.welovewhq.com/

Liquid and Envy (next door) still seem to be quite popular but I went in recently as a blast from the past and I think I trebled the average age there.

Have a peek at their websites and if nothing takes your fancy I can make some other suggestions

Newcastle
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Girls Night out - where to go and stay??

Hi, a lot of the bars on Collingwood Street like Perdu and Madame Koo are open till 3pm so you might not need a club but if you really want one then check out Digital, have fun! PS - the new Jury's Inn is lovely!