We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic weekend in october...

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
romantic weekend in october...

going to newcastle in 2 weeks for a romantic getaway with my boyfriend. Staying at Grey street Hotel, and have my hopes up for the good reviews...! can anyone recommend any romantic restaurants? Also love japaneese food, and would love to try out any good restaurants if there are any?! Are also interested in nice and good bars to try in the evenings. Appreciate all the respond I can get as it is my first trip to Newcastle!!

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
651 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic weekend in october...

hi lindy,

for japanese try fujiyama or hanahana both next door to each other at the end of stowell street. Fujiyama is prob best the chefs cook on a hot plate infront of you and you get up to catch eggs in the hat its really fun!! good food too!!

romantic? hmmmm depends how romantic you mean! the chinese restaurants on stowell street (china town) can be really romantic i was given a rose in one once!! there is a really nice thai restaurant there too called manderin that very romantic azzuri on the quayside is italian which is quite romantic next to travel lodge,

there are plenty of good bars but i would head round central station area bars leading up from there-long bar, apartment, @ home, attic, the lodge and 55 north will be good for you and bf

hope i have helped anything else just give me a shout

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic weekend in october...

Thanks, clairep, really looking fwd to try out your suggestions!! Sounds like ideas we def will enjoy! Especially the japaneese and thai restaurant, and I also have gotten the idea that the best atmospheric bars are surrounded around the central station, and not on the quayside where we are staying.!!

Newcastle
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic weekend in october...

The Quayside is really beautiful, especially at night when it's all lit up. The Baltic art gallery is nice too and has amazing views from a viewing platform aswell as a nice book shop. All of the strees between the Quayside and the city centre are beautiful with lots of nice coffee shops and bars to go too. I'm sure you'll have a really lovely time in Newcastle. Hana hana is really really yummy for Japanese food. x

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic weekend in october...

I stayed at the Grey St hotel in May - very nice - pay the 2.50 extra and have breakfast brought to your room - well worth it

u get special offers for the living room pub next door - really good

if you want good pubs theres loads round the corner - the lodge is really good and gets really busy

You will love it #

Jo

Newcastle
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic weekend in october...

Hiya,

You should definitely try Fujiyama on Stowell St for Japanese food - its very nice and entertaining too. For the best bars I would recomend the Quayside, but it is quite expensive, so maybe try a few bars on the way down.

Hope you both have a lovely time, and the toon is good to you!!

From Ruth , Whitley Bay, Newcastle

e.mail : geordiewanderers@hotmail.com

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: romantic weekend in october...

thanks all of you, am really looking fwd to go, now, as it sounds like a lot of nice places to explore!!