We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife For A Couple

Hamilton
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife For A Couple

Visiting Newcastle next weekend for 1st wedding anniversary and have heard so many people say it only good for hen/stag nights ! Can you recommend good class of pub/club for a couple in their late 20's, generally like chart music for clubbing. We are staying in the grey st hotel.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife For A Couple

Its not only good for hen/stag nights - theres a whole host of places to go for couples, I should know - I'm in one!

You'll probably be happy with the Quayside if you're into chart music (some of the bars there will throw in classic 70s & 80s - you know the songs I mean!)

I would avoid the Bigg Market, also if you do decide to go to the Quayside avoid going over the Swing Bridge, ie. Buffalo Joes & Baja. You're probably better off sticking to Sea for clubbing if you do decide on the Quayside.

Don't worry though, there are always plenty of taxis in the ranks early on in the night if you do decide to change the area you're in and can't face a bit of walk. BTW you won't walk over 15 mins to reach another area, even if it is the furthest away.

I'm not sure which one the Grey St hotel is otherwise I could give you walking directions to a couple of areas. You are pretty much in the thick of it though.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife For A Couple

Ainy

I stayed at the Grey Street Hotel with my bf and another couple the beginning of March the hotel is BOSS you will have brill time

We went to the Lodge over the Road (ant and dec's bar) this is open til 1.00 - we called in there last as it was only over the road from where we were staying

We started off at the Gate - there are a few bars in there - then walked down stopping off at one pub in the Bigg Market and then a few more on the way

You will have a great time

Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne