We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Court Palace: Cheapest Tickets

UK
Level Contributor
869 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Court Palace: Cheapest Tickets

Hi,

From what I have gathered, the cheapest ticket combination for more than one person is the 2 for 1 railway offer.

I had a few questions:

- Is the 2 for 1 ticket also valid for the gardens only?

- I have a weekly travel card between Sutton and Wimbledon, Can this be used to avail the offer?

- Furthermore, is the 2for1 offer valid for any rail travel on the day (regardless of destination) or does it have to be on a specific route?

Thanks in advance

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Court Palace: Cheapest Tickets

There is no separate 2 for 1 offer for the gardens that I can see - you have to buy the complete package at £18.20

I don't think your travelcard helps

Travel has to be relevant to the attraction visited. You can't use a London travelcard to claim 2 for 1 entry to somewhere in Birmingham, say

UK
Level Contributor
869 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Court Palace: Cheapest Tickets

@dzug1

thanks for your response. I was dreading that I would have to buy the full package.

In terms of the train ticket, if I buy a single train ticket to get the 2 for 1 deal....does it have to have Hamptons Court as the final destination or could I buy a single from Sutton-Charlshalton (example sake as I live in Surrey)

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Court Palace: Cheapest Tickets

If you are going to Hampton Court what's wrong with buying a ticket to Hampton Court? That's the intention of the scheme

It's ill defined as to whether the ticket you suggest would work. Depends on how closely they look at it and how bothered they are. Certainly not to be relied on. If I were the ticket seller I'd refuse you.

I believe HC have a cheaper gardens only ticket - but not 2 for 1

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampton Court Palace: Cheapest Tickets

If you are only interested in the gardens at Hampton court why not go to kew gardens instead? Personally I love Hampton court, palace, gardens and all!

5. Re: Hampton Court Palace: Cheapest Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 10, 2015