We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Commute From Stoke Campus to Stafford viable?

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Commute From Stoke Campus to Stafford viable?

So after an extensive day of walking about in both stafford and Stoke on trent. I know now that I'd much rather be in the Stoke Campus for "Staffordshire University".

Now I'm wondering, is this a viable option to commute from Stoke's campus to Stafford for the day? I mean I'm not missing out on social seeing as I'm living in one of the campuses. It's just that I much rather the surrounding area to Stafford's.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Commute From Stoke Campus to Stafford viable?

It depends how close you will be living to the bus stop and train stations.

Try putting some postcodes into the traveline journey planner at http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk and see what comes up.

Phil-the-Bus

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Commute From Stoke Campus to Stafford viable?

Well I'd like to live on Stoke Campus if possible so literally right next door to the train station. But isn't there a university funded bus that goes between campuses?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Commute From Stoke Campus to Stafford viable?

Well, a quick googling of the University's Website brings up this page which may help you:

staffs.ac.uk/about_us/…

Note that the X1 bus that it refers to is a public bus, so anyone can use it. and details of it will be contained in the Traveline database. However there are some journeys called "X1 express" that run fast between the two sites in about 38 minutes and I suspect that it it is these that are funded by the University (although you would still have to pay to use them). Also note that the service finishes at about 6pm, so you won't be able to use it to travel between the sites in the evening, or on Sundays.

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 5:21 am, August 28, 2011
Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Commute From Stoke Campus to Stafford viable?

I just found this one which mentions bus times from Stafford Station to the Uni.

staffs.ac.uk/about_us/…

If it works......A timetable for buses from Stafford Station to The Stafford University

arrivabus.co.uk/uploadedfiles/Services/Midla…

(My son is doing his work experience in the Stafford Uni Library in December)

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Commute From Stoke Campus to Stafford viable?

Just to add - There is a bus stop right outside the Train station (The 'Gaol Square' stop is about 10 minutes walk through the town centre )

Edited: 4:55 pm, August 29, 2011
6. Re: Commute From Stoke Campus to Stafford viable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 17, 2012