We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

Going to a Wedding in August 2009 at Swinfen Hall and looking for a nice B&B to stay. Anybody know any places in Lichfield or nearby towns?

Thanks in adavance.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

I wish you luck.

When I attempted to find accommodation in Lichfield for 2 nights in October 2007, i was unsuccessful. None of the B&Bs I contacted by email bothered to respond. At that time, the Lichfield tourism people had an excellent interactive online booking system that turned out to be useless because the B&Bs did not provide their availability data.

I ended up staying in Birmingham, and visiting from there.

I'd be most interested in hearing if you get better results.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,928 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

Hi,

We have quite liked the look of this one as we have driven past.Not actually visited it but a friend of ours has recommended the Inn Keepers Lodge chain.

It is situated in the countryside,about 1.3 miles from Lichfield town centre

Best website to look at actual hotel details is

www.vintageinn.co.uk/thehedgehoglichfield/

Hedgehog Vintage Inn

Innkeepers Lodge Lichfield

Stafford Road

Lichfield

WS13 8JB

Tel: 01543 415 789

Innkeepers Lodge Website

Site: http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/lichfield

If you do stay at this one,let me know what it is like.....thought about staying ourselves for weekend away!

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,928 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

Just to add.....it has got good reviews on Trip Advisor as well!

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

Cannot recommend any B&Bs,although there are plenty that look very nice.I eat in the Hedgehog regularly,it is always very welcoming.Lovely building with nice grounds and ideally situated for Swinfen Hall.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

Thanks for the hedgehog Inn suggestion unfortunately they are fully booked.

I also tried the Belmont Guest House in Tamworth, which looks nice, but they are fully booked too. http://www.belmont-tamworth.co.uk/

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

Try the Oak Tree Farm Hotel

Its between Tamworth and Lichfield and probably a 15 minute drive to Swinfen Hall

Its in a lovely peaceful location, and although I havent stayed there, two friends did last year, and the recommended the place highly

http://www.accommodationinlichfield.co.uk/

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

Stayed here in the end Woodlands Grange B&B in Hopwas, lovely setting & hosts...room big and cosy and a tasty breakfast. About a 10 minute drive to Swinfen Hall. Found the B&B on here but only had 1 review at the time, which was good but never sure when I see somewhere with only 1. It now has 2 and I'll be adding one soon.

www.woodlandsgrangeonline.co.uk

8. Re: Places to stay in or near Lichfield?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lichfield
More Lichfield Topics