We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Wells

Which Wells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Someret
4 posts
Save Topic
B&B Wells

To avoid any confusion, Easton and Dulcote come under WELLS....

WELLS SOMERSET.

Anyone looking for good B&Bs may miss Beltane and Beaconsfield Farm (previously no.1 and no.2 rated in Wells) because someone has got them moved and the problem hasn't yet been rectified.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,993 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B Wells

NOPE, according to my OS map, Dulcote is a totally seperate area/village from Wells, and TA will not 'locate' accommodations untruthfully in a place that it is not!!

Easton also is a totally seperate village from Wells, at least 4k out of town in fact.

This debate is getting tiring now.

Someret
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B Wells

Thank you very much for your reply.

If that is the case, the top hotel listings for BRISTOL are in the wrong category:

Winford Manor, Winford 7.5 miles from Bristol

Plush hotel - Redhill - 9.7 miles from Bristol

Aztec Hotel and Spa - Almondsbury - 10 miles from Bristol

These hotels are "untruthfully" located?

It is not my intention to sabotage anyone else's business, which is what I suspect has happened to the Town of Wells, where quite a few hotel owners are extremely upset (and are losing business) over being moved from their nearest town, whereas other towns seem to be unaffected! It appears all the other cities in England, need a re-shuffle if you are to be fair to everyone, not just single out Wells in Somerset?

Postal address for Dulcote is Dulcote, Wells, Somerset, as is Easton, Wells, Somerset.

Edited: 5:10 am, June 11, 2010
Essex
Level Contributor
26,993 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B Wells

Well in that case you need to contact TA about this direct.

I didn't know about the hotels in Bristol, Wells, outer mongolia or any other location!! Other threads on this very particular subject of yours, have said that TA list under LOCATION. As Dulcote and Easton are well seperate from Wells, not part of some urban sprawl, I was not surprised that they are to be listed within their own villages.

This subject is not really suitable for a forum devoted to TRAVEL advice IMO, you need to transfer to the TA support forum, and, again, for the n'th time as advised by various peeps on various 'similar' threads, contact TA direct.

Wells, England
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B Wells

Yes yes! The Post is about TRAVEL - travel to Wells… yes yes! TA have been notified and it’s ongoing (as in the Post - “the problem has not yet been rectified”) - nothing else!

Essex
Level Contributor
26,993 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B Wells

YES, this post is at least the 3rd about ranting on about the readressing of various B'n'Bs in Somerset, and IMO that is not necessarily DIRECTLY about travel.

I do realise that the B'n'B owners have a sort-of-an-issue here, but you know, you are (like the rest of us) lucky that TA even exists to help you.

You continue to be 'abrupt' and sometimes even rude to responders, that would not make me wish to stay with any of you, no matter WHERE you are located.

These whinging threads are not doing you any good, so take up your case with TA direct, for the sake of everyone, especially yourselves, PLEASE!!

Someret
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B Wells

??????

Wells, England
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B Wells

Gemma, thanks for your post and for endeavouring to encourage travellers looking for accommodation in Wells to search the fringe villages too. Hopefully soon there will be more consistency on TA. Carol

SUFFOLK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: B&B Wells

ALL... I have watched this debate with intrest, I have to say that i have a real debate with TA as there is no real reason to the listing to each of their hard working businesses, i stay all around the uk and find it difficult to find truly fantastic establishments like Beacons Feild Farm, the search MUst include the areas around the main search town/city... so to the point, when I wanted to find a quality friendly place to stay in the area of Wells my search came up with Beacons Feild Farm (before the change of address listing), it was and is fantastic, yes slightly out of the City but local to where I needed to be, fantastic value for money and run in my view by the best host in the industry.. Carol thanks.. So to conclude, TA must ALWAYS set the search to include the post code of the local town/city, this will pease all I'm sure... good luck all and again thank you Carol for being a great host and running the best B&B in the country... Mr R ...

9. Re: B&B Wells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 11, 2010