We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many nights to stay in Glastonbury?

Chehalis, Washington
7 posts
Save Topic
How many nights to stay in Glastonbury?

Hello! I am staying several nights in Bath, then thought to take a First bus on Saturday (do they have frequent runs on Saturday?) from Bath to Wells. I want to spend half a day in Wells. Hopefully, there will be another First bus to take me from Wells to Glastonbury.

I thought to stay the night in Glastonbury and spend the next day there, with a possible second night in Glastonbury and leave the next day. Have I allowed sufficient time to enjoy the Glastonbury/Wells area? Does anyone know if there are frequent buses running on Saturdays from Bath to Wells and then on to Glastonbury? Is my plan of stopping in Wells and catching a later bus workable? (Or will I end up stranded!) Thank you!

Exeter GB
Level Contributor
727 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many nights to stay in Glastonbury?

You could spend ages exploring Wells, Glastonbury and district but your plan would allow you good time to get a sampler; Wells Cathedral and Bishop's palace...Glastonbury Abbey and Tor...

No shortage of buses - hope the links work.

Buses Bath to Wells

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

Buses Wells to Glastonbury

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

and

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

Chehalis, Washington
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How many nights to stay in Glastonbury?

Thank you so much! Your reply was very helpful. Have a lovely day. I'm very much looking forward to my trip. Thank you!

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many nights to stay in Glastonbury?

Wells is a lovely place with lots of interest. Personally I found Glastonbury okay but not as interesting as Wells - too many New Age crystal gazer type shops - I'ld only give it a couple of hours, unless you are into New Age.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,162 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many nights to stay in Glastonbury?

I agree, stay in Wells and take the bus to Glastonbury, Wells is far nicer.

Edited: 3:30 pm, March 15, 2014
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,207 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many nights to stay in Glastonbury?

Hi,

There's more to Glastonbury than the shops. There's the Tor,(glorious views) alms houses & chapel (a hidden gem) the Chalice Well Gardens (unbelievably tranquil & relaxing at any time of year) for starters.

The White Water Spring is worth a look (nr the foot of the walk up the Tor) even if you're not 'into' New Age stuff as it has a bit of history. It's not always open but if it is, there is one corner in which I like to sit & just spend time alone, listening to the water.

Everything's close together. I've been a few times & if I had to include Glastonbury within a bit if a whirlwind tour, I'd probably (ideally) spend 2 nights there, so I wouldn't be rushed & could spend as much time as I wanted at the Chalice gardens. The shop sometimes has local produce or things, like apples, grown in the grounds.

Glastonbury has been a site for pilgrims for centuries; look below the commercial surface & find the history. Numerous reviews under my profile for eateries & attractions there, from 2011 onwards.

regards

Edited: 4:40 am, March 19, 2014
6. Re: How many nights to stay in Glastonbury?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, April 20, 2015