We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bath glass blowing ??

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
922 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
bath glass blowing ??

seen the website but is this worth going to , we collect glass pieces from anywhere we have stayed and would like to invest in some bath glass ,

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bath glass blowing ??

Hi JB, my daughter went here with the school and loved it. I haven't been myself, but that's only due to time constraints not lack of desire. Might be fun and interesting. It certainly won't break the bank to go. The street where it is situated is Walcot Street, and is very interesting if you like alternative fashions and different shops. If you get hungry there is a great Schwarz burger take away, but avoid the Italian Zaza's, lovely interior, but pretty terrible food and service.

Essex
Level Contributor
922 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bath glass blowing ??

thankyou allvox , by the way we have booked onefish twofish

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bath glass blowing ??

Glad to hear it, we ate there on friday evening and it was as gret as always. Heard lots of other people 'oohing and ahhing' over their food too! If there is anything else you are thinking of doing i'd be happy to help. Are you coming to Bath soon?

AV

Essex
Level Contributor
922 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bath glass blowing ??

yes we will be there 28th sept to the 1st of oct , looking for a nice afternoon tea too , and not too high a price

what do you recomened. we will be there for 3 days , so want to do a bit of sightseeing as well

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bath glass blowing ??

I think the nicest aftternoon teas are at the royal crescent hotel. Cheaper and nicer than the pump rooms, although the pump rooms have live music, either a trio or pianist.

As for what to do, depends on what you find interesting and like. The roman baths and costume museum are very interesting. Bizzare bath the comdey tour is brilliant. The holborn museum and american museum are well worth seeing too. There is a lovely tea shop in Malborough, called Polly's. Bradford on Avon is a nice little town not too far away to visit. There is a victorian museum in Radstock.The theatre royal usually has some great plays to see, as does the usinov theatre.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bath glass blowing ??

Allvox, you are dear right about an evening at the theatre, it should be on everyone's list: a colleague from Califorinia's daughter visited us a couple of years back, she said that seeing Patrick Stewart there was one of the highlights of her year in Europe.

Even if the play is nbg the theatre is lovely.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bath glass blowing ??

Hi Rc, good to see you back after all the hassle from (da da daaaaaaa) you know who! I saw The Master Builder with Patrick Stewart, it was brilliant! Yes the Theatre Royal certainly has more good than bad to reccomend it. Fancy helping me compile a 'where to eat in Bath' list for TA? It seems we have similar taste when it comes to dining out. What d'ya think, eh? eh?

Allvox

8. Re: bath glass blowing ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 12, 2009