We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roman Baths Online Tickets

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Roman Baths Online Tickets

We will be visiting Bath in July. It appears the only way to purchase advance tickets to the Roman Baths is to purchase a combined ticket with the Fashion Museum at VisitBath.co.uk. As we live outside the EU, tickets must be picked up at the Visitor Information Centre. I understand the lines to purchase tickets for the Roman Baths might be long in July. Would we save time by purchasing online and picking up our tickets at the Visitor Information Centre? Is there a separate entry line for people who already have tickets? Thank you.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,535 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

Can you show a link to the page where you buy tickets ? I cannot see it anywhere: I was not aware that you can buy tickets online, from any site. The Roman Baths only is the 'adult single' price.

If possible I would use the Roman Baths site, not the visit bath site.

Are you staying in Bath overnight ? if so, get there when it opens, or go after 6:00 if coming in July or August, then there is no need to book as the queues will be short.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,907 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

Hi. I don't want to hijack someone else's thread, but are you talking about visiting the place touristically or SPA treatment wise?

Thank you.

Yuri.

Level Contributor
3,441 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

You can't have spa treatments at Roman Baths, Yuri. You need Thermae Spa for that.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,907 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

We didn't want any, just wanted to find out. Thank you for clearing it for me.

Yuri.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

Sorry, the ticket site was visitbathshop.co.uk click on the tab for tickets and scroll down past the first few packages with prices and there will be other options including the combined tickets. The Roman baths site itself no longer sells online tickets. We're interested in touring the site, not the spa.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,907 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

Got it. Cheers mate!

Yuri.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,535 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

The only one I can see also involves lunch, and costs £32: it says that you can jump the queues. As I said above, get there early or late and there are no queues: the worst day for queueing is Saturday btw.

You didn't answer my question about staying overnight.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,907 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

Yes dear! We plan to arrive on Saturday evening and stay for two nights. So we're gonna have 2 full days for Bath. We do have a problem with starting early in the morning, because it's very difficult to put girls to bed in the evening. They refuse to go to sleep before Sun does! Sunset in England is very late!

Yuri.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

Yuri U

Sunset is about 9:30pm at the moment and sunrise is 4:50am.

It might be worth contacting wherever you are staying to enquire about their curtains/windows.

A great many of the older properties (i.e. most of Bath) had wooden shutters that help block out a lot of light.

They might even have blackout travel curtains.

If there is a big slow-moving queue for the Baths, I think I'd send 1/2 the party off to get icecreams (though check with the people immediately behind you that they don't mind).

I think the weather is going to be fine this weekend so enjoy your trip.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,907 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roman Baths Online Tickets

Suedunc. Our trip is in July. I am gathering info in order to make it nice. City of George Brummell !!!

Looking forward to see it.

Yuri.

Get answers to your questions about Bath