We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bath on good friday???

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bath on good friday???

Planning to go to bath on Good Friday-- do you think it would be a good idea or will most things be closed? Many thanks!!!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bath on good friday???

Most shops and attractions will be open as usual. Government agencies, banks and building societies will be closed.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bath on good friday???

I have a hazy memory that the supermarkets can't sell alcohol after midday. Other than that everything is open.

Lots of Bathonians seem to be away this week (though the council are messing about with roads), but try to walk rather than drive if you can (there are all sorts of roadworks going on).

Hope you have a great easter break

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,552 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bath on good friday???

But I'm sure that that the dozens (okay, maybe several) Tesco Express and Sainsbury Local stores that have appeared over the past few years in Bath will all sell alcohol after 12pm! ;-)

Edited: 4:04 pm, April 16, 2014
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bath on good friday???

Are you coming just for the day, or for a couple of days ? and how are you planning to get here ?

The main tourist sites will all be open, as, I suspect will the shops.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bath on good friday???

We are coming Friday on our way to Bristol by car. I found the park and ride info. I assume it goes by holiday schedule? It looks like the latest bus out is around 6pm which rules out dinner. Is there another good alternative to park that is easier to get to closer to town where we could walk in that's open later? We would be willing to walk a couple of miles to avoid the hassle of fighting traffic.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bath on good friday???

I use parkatmyhouse when we drive to Oxford. Your fee isn't taken until you have parked.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bath on good friday???

Bath was absolutely lovely! Definitely want to go back to spend the entire weekend. We ended up parking in town at the manvers? car park because traffic on the m4 was manic so we arrived a lot later than anticipated. It was a good spot to park for sightseeing and not expensive at all for city centre parking. Only £7.40 for 6 hours. Hopefully we won't get any bus lane tickets. ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bath on good friday???

For future reference, for Bristol the Newbridge Park and Ride would be best, as it is that side of the city. A normal bus service operates past the site, you can remove your car at any time.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bath on good friday???

We actually did look up the park and ride but the shuttle bus from town stops running at 18:00 for that day and we wanted to stay for dinner. Plus we had more than two adults so it was actually less in total cost to park in town than take the shuttle.

10. Re: Bath on good friday???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 21, 2015