We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR to Bath Direct

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
LHR to Bath Direct

Hello all,

I am planning to stay in Bath for 2 days in July 2014, I am wonder what is the fastest way from LHR to Bath, by train or coach? I saw a thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186370-i379-k6567…

takes about 2.5 hours but when I went to that Nat'l express website and put my date, they only had one bus runs and take 5 hours. Did I do something wrong? Thank you.

Karen

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,140 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LHR to Bath Direct

Travelling by rail will mean either making your way to Paddington station and boarding a train there, taking the RailAir coach to Reading and train from there or National Express coach from Heathrow to Bath.

At what time of day and on what day of the week in July will your flight arrive, and with what airline have you booked? All of those details will have an impact on coach departures should you wish to travel by road. Let us know more, please.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LHR to Bath Direct

I will be arriving at the airport around 6am on Sunday morning by United airlines and I am not sure which terminal will I be at upon arrival. Thank you.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,849 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LHR to Bath Direct

Rail Air leaves from Heathrow Central Bus station every hour on the hour on Sundays. In 45 minutes you would arrive at Reading rail station, where you would switch to the train. The rail journey from Reading to Bath is one hour.

http://www.railair.com/timetables_weekend.php

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,140 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LHR to Bath Direct

LHR Terminal 2 opens on 4 June, with UA flights moving to their new home there at that time. Should you decide to take National Express you would depart from the Central Bus Station near the Underground station that serves T1, (T2) and T3.

There are departures at 0815, 0945 and 1215 on 6 July, but National Express are not yet booking tickets for travel on other Sundays in that month. Since rail fare from Reading (without the additional cost of the RailAir bus) to Bath is about the same as the coach fare from Heathrow to Bath, it may be the path of least resistance to take the coach from the airport instead of coach plus train or Underground to Paddington plus the train.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: LHR to Bath Direct

Laura and Travellerplus,

Thank you so much for the info.

Karen

Edited: 1:28 am, March 02, 2014
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LHR to Bath Direct

This is one occasion where the printed National express timetable leaflet may be more help (although some of the times may change before July - see nationalexpress.com/assets/…R403.pdf ).

The journey time is usually about 2.5 hours - a 5 hour trip almost certainly involves a change of coach somewhere (probably London Victoria).

Phil-the-Bus

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LHR to Bath Direct

Allow an hour to get out of the airport: if you book a ticket with National Express and your flight is delayed, you can get on the next bus for a small fee, provided there is space.

An alternative is to take a taxi to West Draton Station (< 3 miles) and then take a train via Reading, but the first train from WD in't until 07:50.

8. Re: LHR to Bath Direct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 04, 2015