We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel block booking recommendations

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel block booking recommendations

We are getting married in Bath next year and are hoping to block book between 10 and 30 rooms for our guests at a single hotel. Does anyone know which central hotels would provide good offers for block booking a number of rooms?

Thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,063 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel block booking recommendations

What night of the week ? many places in Bath will not offer single nights for Saturday or Sunday.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel block booking recommendations

It'll be both Friday and Saturday nights.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel block booking recommendations

I think I would give the Bath Tourist Office a call to pick their brains. Or a Batn Wedding planner.

You haven't told us the time of year, approx location of venues, price ranges, likely number of rooms (and I guess you won't have that much of a clue until you get replies to your invites.

Having never had to book anything more ambitious than the local Travelodge or B&B for surplus house guests, my first guesses would be to try:

1) Bailbrook House - just outside Bath where the A46 comes down to the City, this place used to be a conference centre (for BT?) then became an hotel which has recently smartened up

2) MacDonald Bath Spa (on the east edge of the city, probably a 10 minute walk to the Abbey-probably quite expensive)

3) Bath Hilton (really ought to have a larger booking rate; it certainly attracts plenty of coach parties)

4) Francis Hotel - very central and a fair size.

There are also 2 Travelodges, a Holiday Inn Express and (from December) a Premier Inn but I suspect you will pay a premium to book a room with a cancellation clause.

Areas like Pulteney Gardens/Pulteney Road (nearish the train station), Wellsway &Oldfield Park (up hill from the train station) and Crescent Gardens (near Victoria Park/Royal Crecent) have clusters of B&B's if people were happy to be close to each other for lift sharing etc.

In your position I think I'd just help out the less Internet-savvy guests and direct the rest to Tripadvisor and visitbath.co.uk.

4. Re: Hotel block booking recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 15, 2014