We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Bath for under £60

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Bath for under £60

HI there,

I'm looking for a bit of a bargain hotel for a one night stay next year. Ideally somewhere central but I realise £60 isn't much of a budget.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

Try Bath Central Travelodge.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,229 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

It all depends on when next year you plan to visit on and what day of the week.

I was going to suggest the Best Western Abbey hotel, but I picked a few random dates for next year and they are charging more than double what I paid when I stayed there a couple of years ago.

Holiday Inn Express is another option, but looking at their prices they aren't as cheap as they used to be.

The Redcar Hotel is in the lower price range - but they get very mixed reviews!

Have a look on www.booking.com - you might find something on there.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

There are 2 Travelodges and there might be a Premier Inn here by the time you want to travel. I am sure you could ask up on the England forum about when they have their sales.

It isn't a hotel (but 5 minutes' walk from the station/Abbey/Roman Baths, but the White Hart in Widcombe has a few rooms.

www.whitehartbath.co.uk/accommodation.php.

We had some blokes work on our house this summer and they stay at another pub (New Crown Inn on Bathwick St)

www.thenewcrowninn.co.uk/bed-and-breakfast

Finally, you could always try a private room at the YHA. It ISN'T central, but it is on the bus route up to the Uni (the buses don't quite run 24/7, but almost.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

You will struggle to get a single night on a Friday or Saturday at hotels and B&Bs, they want to (and can) sell 2 nights at weekends.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

Thanks for all your replies. Definitely some food for thought.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,229 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

Why not stay in Bristol.

Plenty of affordable (ish) hotels close to Temple Meads station like the Ibis, and trains to and from Bath are regular until late at night.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

Could be a shout. Thanks for that.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

I don't know if you are still looking for a room, I have booked the New Premier Inn in James street West, it is due to open this December. You need to book directly on their site for the best price. I paid 79 pound for 2 nights in May 2014.

Hope this helps

9. Re: Hotel in Bath for under £60

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 25, 2014