We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab from bath spa train station

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Topic
cab from bath spa train station

I just finished booking the train to Bath. The website then offered a site to prebook a cab from the train station. I will probably use a cab to get to our lodging.

Is it all that difficult to get a cab at the train station? Arriving on a Sunday. I prefer just to get one when I arrive as to leave possible other transportation options open. Should I prebook, or just wait until I get to the station. My concern is standing around trying to get a cab and wasting time.

Thanks.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cab from bath spa train station

There are usually plenty of taxis outside Bath Station, although it might be a bit less busy on a Sunday.

Where will you be staying ?

P-t-B

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab from bath spa train station

Unless you are stupidly slow leaving the train station (e.g. Visiting the tourist office, cafe and restrooms) there should still be a cab on the forecourt. If you aren't staying in Bath itself it might make sense to precook.

There is a taxi office just up the road on South Parade (so you can shelter in there) in the unlikely event there are no taxis.

3. Re: cab from bath spa train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:11 pm, March 14, 2015
Burbank
Level Contributor
343 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cab from bath spa train station

Is a cab necessary for just a walk around the city? I as well will be visiting Bath for a day..is it possible to just walk from the station? Thanks!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,201 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cab from bath spa train station

The railway station in Bath is a 5 minute walk from the Abbey, Roman Baths and central shopping area.

The Royal Crescent and other places such as The Circus, Assembly Rooms etc are less than a mile from the city centre and very easy to get to on foot.

So definitely no need to get a taxi "for just a walk around the city", if that's at all possible! ;-p

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,197 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cab from bath spa train station

If you are only visiting Bath for a day you won't really have time to do Castle Combe as well, as there is no direct bus, so just getting there and back takes ages.

You need to allow 90mins-2 hours just to do the Roman Baths properly, make sure you get an audio guide.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,201 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cab from bath spa train station

Oh yes, well done for pointing that out Roman Citizen - I didn't realise it was the same OP who also wanted to visit Castle Combe: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186370-i379-k68…

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
152 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cab from bath spa train station

A cab is only necessary if you have heavy luggage to drag around or you want to go to the top of Beechen Cliff or Camden Crescent.

9. Re: cab from bath spa train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 27, 2014