We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bath this bank holiday

UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bath this bank holiday

Hi guys

So - my husband and I are visiting Bath this sat (arrive about 12pm) and will leave Sunday afternoon say about 3ish to go back to London.

I'm trying to plan our relatively short time we have there - we will be driving and staying at the Hilton - chosen purely for location I know it isn't the greatest place to stay!

Are the Roman baths likely to be extremely busy on bank holiday? Or should we leave this till Sunday morning? Is there a pre planned walk we can do that anyone can recommend? I'd like to do the free tour but in case we miss that I'd like a back up.

Also any nice restaurants you can recommend for a special dinner. It's our anniversary so would be nice to dress up a bit. I've seen demuths the vegetarian place which looks nice - any other really good Italian or thai within walking distance (10-15 mins) of the Hilton ?

Thanks!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,321 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bath this bank holiday

According to the website the RBs open at 09:00 - I suggest you get there 08:55 on Sunday morning. Make sure you get an audio guide. Only 5 minutes from the Hilton.

I am not meat impaired, but I like vegetarian food - and am not a fan of Demuth's, was massively disappointed when we went last year (admittedly on a Monday, never a good night to go to a restaurant). The veggies with us weren't impressed either.

The Circus has nice food, has a nice atmosphere and has never let us down - ditto Woods. The Olive Tree has great food - better than these two - but the atmosphere can be a bit cold.

Bath doesn't have a really good Italian, it is a fault with the place ! nor does it have a dress-up Thai, though it has plenty of Thai restaurants.

UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bath this bank holiday

Great - thanks for the reply - i will look into those! We are vegetarian so they need to have a decent variety of veggie dishes...

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bath this bank holiday

Hi

We live in Bath and in the last 6 weeks a new little restaurant has just opened about 2 mins walk from the Hilton called Koh Thai Tapas. We had lunch there last week, they serve Thai tapas (Obviously!) But they have a full menu also.

Lots of veggie options and food was absolutely delicious! We will definitely go back, my mother in law is a veggie and I only said to my husband whilst there it would be ideal for her!

Beautifully decorated, very modern but very comfortable. This place is definitely worth a visit, a little gem :)

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bath this bank holiday

There is a new(ish) vegetarian cafe that has opened up next to Lambrettas that my veggie friends rate for breakfast. You can eat with a bit of choice at Yak Yeti Yak (Nepalese a few metres away on Pierrepont St).

UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bath this bank holiday

Thanks for your suggestions! I did see the thai tapas place and thought it looked great unfortunately the other half wasn't keen. We ended up going to a place called Salathai I think it was called which was pretty good - not the best but no complaints either. However the couple next to us left as the staff appeared to forget about them which was quite bad.

6. Re: Bath this bank holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 08, 2014